Friday, March 3, 2017

Going Block Crazy!!

At Christmastime, my mom gave me a HUGE load of wood scraps from the farm!! I have been in heaven! I just love making little home decor blocks with a little bit of mixed media and a favorite saying!!  There are not any process pictures, but I wanted to share these with you.  I actually have them for sale at a local shop called American Redemption.  So, enjoy!  

I picked 5 quotes from my sketch book and used them as my inspiration for these blocks!

Here is the first one!

This is a wood block with PaperArtsy Fresco paints as the background.  Then I used Heidi Swapp metallic texture paste through a stencil for the texture on the sides!  Then I used White FolkArt Acrylic Mixed Media Spray for a final white splatter touch! Love this saying!






1 comment:

  1. Love the sentiment and design for getting things done. So very true of so many ladies.
    Nice job. Thanks for the explanation.
    LL

    ReplyDelete