Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Sometimes, it is just the quote ....

I keep a little journal in my purse at all times.  If something inspires me, I sketch it or write it down for later.  The other day this quote really struck me - I had to keep it!  When I am not at my desk playing with paint and fun stuff, I work as an Activity Coordinator at an Assisted Living. I love what I do and I love all my residents, they teach me about life everyday..  So, when I saw this quote, I thought that 'treasures' was a good way to remember those residents.  


I started with treasure map that I printed out from google images.  I actually just printed it onto plain white printer paper.  I used gel medium to glue it down and smooth it out onto my wooden block.  Then I used Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist and Cardboard Spray to age the map and block.


Some stencils with coffee colored archival ink to add some texture ...


And on the front of the block, I used Canvas Corp Brand Kraft E-flute paper.  I roughly painted the block and the paper  with cream colored chalk paint. Then I printed out my new quote onto tissue paper and using gel medium, gently glued it down to the fluted paper!



Some vintage ribbon, a little blue paint,  a couple buttons and twine finished this project off!  I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment