Thursday, September 15, 2016

Mixed Media Monthly Challenge Rustic with Canvas Corp!





The Canvas Corp was such a generous sponsor this month! We each received an amazing box of goodies ... and I am so excited to bring you a second rustic piece!!  Be sure to visit The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge Blog to see the other mid-month projects!! We love Canvas Corp!


I am IN LOVE with the faux finish kit from Tattered Angels ... so much so I bought another kit because the original one was finished! I started again, just like I did with the Church project, with crazy unfinished pallet wood boards.  I glued them together and added a support board across the back.



Then I used the Tattered Angels Naturally Aged White Wash Pine Kit on the pallet wood!! LOVE!! I just love the different colors that come in this kit because they are just perfect for the aged wood look I want! I did add some of the white wash this time and seriously, just perfect!



Canvas Corp has great black and white paper.  I love the orange and shimmery gold paint on the paper because I can just see the images poking through the colors for the pumpkin. 

Then I also put the paint on light brown burlap.   (I actually attached the burlap to paper with matte medium and then painted the burlap.) I wanted to add pieces of the burlap in between the paper for some extra texture!




I pieced the pumpkin together, made a stem and some green curly paper!  


After the pumpkin was dry, I added some paint around the wood, doodles, and text!! Done!

SO.... now what .... now you should come and play with us! Make a fun rustic project and then share it with us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment