Tuesday, October 13, 2015

5 for 5 - October Day 2

Day 2 - PURPLE!!! 

Welcome back for Day 2 of the 5 for 5 Halloween Challenge!! I really hope you enjoyed yesterdays projects - I know I LOVED seeing with Donna, Rachel, Kris and Lynn created!!! Wow!! Make sure you stop by and leave them some love for their hard work!! And I hope we inspire you to create a Halloween project!!! If you do, make sure to share it with me!! 


Jump to see the 5 for 5 Team Projects:


So here is my white pumpkin with purple flowers!! I was so inspired by a picture on Pinterest, that I had to create it - but my way!! And I would love to share that pic with you ... however, I didn't pin it and now I can't find it ... so frustrating!! Anyway, enjoy, visit all the 5 for 5 blogs and then ... go create!! 


I started with a canvas and covered it with tissue paper.  I inked it up with green and brown ink to create the background.  Then I used small pieces of modeling paste that I had dried out for another project and cut them into shapes like the flowers I saw in the Pinterest picture.  I water-colored the modeling paste with a purple color. I made stems and leaves with green water colored paper.  Finally, I created the white pumpkin and built the picture!! I used matte medium as my glue, then doodled and finished off the details!! 

 Just fun!! Have fun and make fun art!! GO!!

3 comments:

  1. I so love your purple flowers, the details are so amazing ! Yes it is so frustrating when you cannot find something again !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this. Awesome tip for drying modeling paste and cutting it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABULOUS!!!!! Love all the awesome techniques you used to make this wonderful canvas. Those flowers and bright green stems are perfect with your white pumpkin. Great project.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    CAT LOVERS HOP coming Oct. 26-30 at HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com!!!

    ReplyDelete