Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Using different mediums ...

Well, I went a little crazy this week and created the same 'picture' three different ways!  It all started with a tiny little sketch in the bottom of my sketchbook and changed into three different projects.

The first time I created this pic, I used paper.  I tore up scrapbook paper, glued it down and doodled. Okay, sunrise. 


But after looking at the paper for a little while, it seemed like I could have used paint instead of paper.  And I was just going to paint over the paper, but instead, I took over the other side of my journal and created a paint version.  I used acrylics, silks acrylic glaze and some paper for the sun.  Loved it!


See, they are right next to each other in my journal! Just a great comparison of using different mediums to create the same idea!


Then out came the big fun!!  I had a wooden block, lightly gesso'ed sitting on my desk.  It was right there next to the Pebeo Vitrail and Prisme Paints that I recently got at Blick's. So I grabbed the Modeling paste and formed the base. Then the Vitrail and Prisme paints swirled on! So different!! I also cut a piece of hard cardstock into a circle, swirled the modeling paste onto it as well and created the sun. 







Here is the original tiny corner (not so great) sketch ...


When I was looking at the sketch I googled 'sunrise' and found this amazing and inspirational picture.



So there you have my last few days in the art room ... sketching, searching for inspiration and creating with several different mediums!! Try it!! It was a really fun way to create!

No comments:

Post a Comment