Friday, June 12, 2015

Cherishing your own talents!

For my birthday, my mom sent me a card and I loved the little graphic on the front so much that I wanted to watercolor it.  I won't include the first couple of attempts, because I was trying to watercolor detail.  I have not mastered watercolor and detail ... so I threw out those first couple of watercolors and tried it my way instead!!


It started with a green background, really because I thought you would be able to see more of it ...




Then I watercolored! Big swirly flowers with really no structure at all ... but I loved how they turned out!  After they were dry, I fussy cut them out of the watercolor paper.


Then I stacked them up and glued them into my journal!



The opposite side is 2 different green Dylusion sprays and a roller stamp.  Then I included the original inspiration piece from my birthday card and some burlap for texture.   Finally,I found the perfect quote and stapled it in!!


i just adore this little picture from the card!! Maybe someday I will be able to paint like that ... or maybe I will just stick to mine!!


Thank you for stopping by today!! I hope you cherish your talents and find what they are and remain true to them!!  Have an awesome day - Karen

1 comment:

  1. art journaling is such a fun way to express yourself, those flowers are soooo 'pooffy' (if that's a word) LOVE them

    ReplyDelete