Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Hummingbird Fun

Sometimes, I just have a little sketch in my sketchbook that sits in there and stares back at me and  I can't seem to find the perfect spot or project.  And then one day, the idea finally jumps out!  This was one of those sketches -  I just took this hummingbird sketch and cut her out of some fun paper - and then she took on a life of her own!!

I have the hummingbird in my small sketchbook and then I drew her onto the canvas.  The canvas is 11x14 - so this little bird is actually pretty big!   And when I got some new American Crafts Serendipity paper from a fun (new to me) online store, called Butterfly Reflections, Ink ... she just came alive!!


For the background I used Archival inks through the flower stencil.   I used bright acrylic paints, picked to match the paper, through the chevron stencil.  Then I took a thin whitewash to fade the colors into the background! Cut out my pieces, glued them down with gel medium, added some paint, doodles and washi tape ... and she was done!








I hope you all enjoyed my hummingbird canvas ... she was fun to create!!  If you stop by, be sure to say HI - I love to hear from everyone!!
K


2 comments:

  1. Oh, I just had to pop over and tell you how much I LOVE your Hummingbird canvas, Karen!! I love Hummingbirds and this canvas is so wonderful!! I'm glad that you brought your sketch to life on this beautiful canvas!! Now, you can have a Hummingbird with you year round!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shari!! I had a lot of fun making her!! Can't wait to get my real hummingbird feeder out ... pretty soon down here in Atlanta!!

      Delete