Saturday, September 27, 2014

The Fairy House

I got a little whimsical with this project!!  I dug into my collection of wood blocks and drew a little fairy house!  Then I took out my new Fancy Pants Burlap and Bouquets collection and started cutting!!




I glued down all the paper pieces using gel medium!


I used a Rhonda Palazzari stencil by Crafter's Workshop and stenciled in some little branches.
 And as always, I am totally inspired by Junelle Jacobsen's style, which is totally reflected here on my block! In fact, I am headed to her class in Charlotte next weekend at Donna Downey's studio!! I can't wait! I went in the spring too, so I am feeling a little spoiled!


And I wondered what to do with back of the block, so I painted chalkboard paint on the back so that I could write messages on it!! However, I ended up using white paint through the stencil and leaving just a small spot at the top for chalk messages!  I just loved the way the white paint jumped off the black chalk paint!!


Doodles and paint finished off the front of the block!


I am just in love with this little house!!  I love this Fancy Pants paper - it is definitely a new favorite! I hope you find something that inspires you this weekend and you have some time to create a little piece of art!! Be sure to stop by the Eclectic Paperie and shop - Kim has such an amazing selection!
-Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment