Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Chalkboard Fun!!

So, keeping things simple . . . with The Greeting Farm Garden Variety Tuesday!! I made a card with 'faux' chalkboard paint!! Just plain simple black background with a white 'chalk' Gracie stamped on! I used a white gelato to stamp her originally. I needed to turn up the color though and I used my favorite white gel pen to go over her lines and doodle around her! Simple and fun!!  (Even though the chalkboard was super fun, it was very hard to photograph without major glare!) 

 I also added in the little present. I made the little box with a Linnie Blooms canvas piece. I water colored the canvas and then glued on the ribbon!! 


Then I wanted to play more with the 'faux' chalkboard!! Here is my favorite summer herb . . . basil!! I used Linnie Blooms canvas pieces to make the basil leaves!!


First, I covered the canvas pieces in gesso and the paper with black paint.

My second step was watercoloring the green onto the canvas leaves.  I mixed in  a couple of different greens and the canvas took the color really well!


 I wanted to add a little more texture to the 'basil' leaves.  So I used my handy dandy Distress Ink and a fun Christy Tomlinson stencil! When they were dry I glued them onto the paper and finished off the journal page!



A couple of weeks ago I found some plain wooden frames at The Queen of Hearts Antique and Interiors store in Alpharetta!! I adore that place!!  I painted them up with some Annie Sloan chalk paint, strung some wire from the frames.  Now I can hang my little pieces to dry or display! Fun crafty time around here . . . now to just hang them on the wall!
PS - If you stop by, be sure to leave me a comment!!  I would LOVE to hear from you!!

9 comments:

  1. Very nice!!! Love what you did with the leaves! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faux chalkboards. How cute!! Love how you used the Linnie Shapes. Working with canvas is a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever way to use the frames. What you did with the canvas pieces were terrific. If these are one for the the DT then I can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I love how you used the dollies to add a different texture to the leaves!
    Love Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Love the chalkboard art and tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun!! I love how Gracie looks on this blackboard background!! Great CAS! Thanks for joining the TGF challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your projects.. So original.. Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. great use of the Linnie blooms products.. love your tips, tricks and ideas.. thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete