Friday, June 7, 2013

Tennis Season and time to paint!!

I love this time of year because there is tennis on tv all morning!! I know.  Really. Tennis? I love the game and if I can't have football on tv, I am going to have to watch tennis.  In fact, I kinda have two sport seasons, tennis summers and football fall . . . love! So I turn on the French Open or Wimbeldon, grab my morning coffee and sit down at my desk to create.  Really my favorite mornings!!

And this summer is moving right along!  Father's Day is coming up soon, in fact we are going to be celebrating early because we will be at an ice skating competition all Father's Day weekend.  And I KNOW, that is not the ideal father's day, even though he loves watching Grace skate!  Luckily, we thought ahead and plan to do something this weekend! I used this adorable Greeting Farm Stamp. It reminded me of my hubby because he loves to drink his coffee in the morning!!  And the quote, totally doesn't fit the page, but it certainly fits our life!!



This is the strangest page I think I have ever done.  It started out with tissue paper and gesso.  But I hated it.  When I took the girls to 5 Below for some summer goodies, I saw this duck tape . . . and fell in love!! I just KNEW that I wanted to put it into my joural.  Luckily, I had this really ugly page and it screamed for tape!!  After I did the framing, I realized the middle needed something plain-ish . . . I don't think i am done here but I adore the 70's flower Duck Tape!!


In my journal I really do find myself creating pages about things going on in life around me. Sometimes there are things just out of my control and I just wish there was something I could do.  I have found myself creating quite a few pages lately about family.  This is the first one . . . I don't know why I thought about kites but my other one is of a sailboat, so there must be something about wind and sails.


1 comment:

  1. Love the duck tape! Reminds me of my teens and early 20's! I have an old rug that I bought in either 71 or 72 and the flowers (though faded now) are very much like that on the tape! So sorry about hubby's cousin ... I can't imagine facing something like that! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete