Sunday, May 26, 2013

It is finally Summer Vaca!!!

Whew, so I survived the last few weeks of school!!  I only forgot to bring a child to one event . . . so I consider the last two weeks a success!!  I also had a horrible case of asthmatic bronchitis and really felt under the weather, but I am feeling much better and only coughing occasionally!!  Yeah!!  School is out now, so we will be sleeping in and then running to our usual activities. 

Finally, the weather is beautiful outside this weekend and we spent yesterday afternoon at the pool!!  But I spent this morning at my desk, trying to finish up a couple of projects. . .

The first is a crazy piece.  I found this little wood plaque at Goodwill for .99 and knew that it would make a great little piece to alter.  I really have wanted to make a whimsical mushroom house . . . so here it is. I adore the Allison Kreft Webster Pages and I cut these pieces out of her Composition and Color line!   I went a little over the top, but I like the way it turned out even if the picture is a little crooked!!


Earlier this month, I went to a WOW Embossing event at Altered Angel.  I LOVED the piece we made and I fell in love with embossing!! Who knew it would be so much fun to watch the powder just melt under the heat gun!! Too much fun.  So this page in my art journal is just me playing with the new stamps and powders that I bought!  It is a little crazy, but I think I will be embossing a lot more in the future!!



 I have been wanting to make a rowhouse picture for a long time.  There is a picture of rowhouses on a hill in Ireland that caught my attention on pintrest a long time ago and I wanted to make it out of paper.  I also wanted to use colors that I don't use as much, so I grabbed some Studio Calico Darling Dear and started cutting.  I really love the patterns of the paper, but the page is a crazy mess!!  There are perspective issues and a really ugly green at the bottom.  This is most likely not the finished page, but this is what I have so far!




No comments:

Post a Comment